GCV launches new round to expand venture builder and investor network
Concluding what has proven a busy 2022 for all at Growth Capital Ventures, I’m delighted to share our own equity investment opportunity is now live and open for investment to our private investor network.
An EIS-eligible investment opportunity - meaning investors can benefit from the range of tax incentives available under the Enterprise Investment Scheme (dependent on their individual tax circumstances) - in this round we are raising £1 million to expand our GCV Invest and GCV Labs teams to create, launch, scale and invest into more transformative companies.
A key component of GCV’s five-year plan, this round will fuel company growth by targeting five key areas:
- GCV Labs | Quva - recruitment of the Quva (GCV’s wholly owned alternative investment software) scale up team across sales, marketing, customer success, account management, software engineering and project management
- GCV Labs | n-gage.io - strengthening the software engineering team for n-gage.io (a part-owned GCV portfolio company and visitor engagement platform) to deepen technology, build further integrations and support the product development roadmap to scale
- GCV Labs | New projects - recruiting a new project team to increase venture builder capacity as we look to create two new projects
- GCV Invest | New transactions - strengthening the GCV Invest team to increase transaction and portfolio management capacity across all asset classes
- GCV Invest | Marketing and investor relations - expanding the GCV Invest Sales and Marketing team to onboard and support new investors to our private investor network
Having co-invested over £100 million to date - with over £30 million from our private investor network - delivered three profitable exits for investors and launched and scaled a number of high-growth, tech-enabled companies, this round will ultimately enable us to launch more companies and build our investor network further.
Targeting 10x money-on-money returns alongside the range of income tax, capital gains tax and inheritance tax advantages offered by the EIS, this round has been structured to minimise downside risk and maximise potential upside for investors.
If you wish to find out more about this investment round, you can login to GCV Invest to view the investment details in full and download the opportunity note.
Should you have any questions regarding the raise, Dan Smith, Investor Relations Director, can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0330 102 5525.